Table of Contents
- 1 🧾 Overview
- 2 💡 Features
- 3 🚦 Performance
- 4 🔧 Installation & Maintenance
- 5 📝 Filter Info
- 6 🔔 Pros & Cons
The AquaTru Countertop Water Filtration Purification System is a simple, compact, accessible take on a standard under the sink reverse osmosis system. Sleek and modern in design, this filtration system can be stored on home or workplace countertops to provide clean, pure drinking water at the touch of a button. With no complex installation required, the AquaTru RO system offers the convenience of simple set-up without the need to call a plumber for help.
The RO unit’s quick-change filters require a simple twist and seal to replace one for another. The machine will notify the user when it is time for a filter change – expect to change them between every 6 months and 2 years for maximum efficiency.
The mechanical pre-filter is an essential component in this RO system. It prevents sediments like sand and rust from affecting the filters and membranes in the unit. The pre-filter also removes cloudiness from water.
In this reverse osmosis system, water runs through a second filter before it reaches the RO membrane. The role of this pre-filter is to remove more than 99% of chlorine and chloramine from the water, which would damage the semi-permeable membrane if left in.
Reverse osmosis membrane
The RO membrane in this system is US made and high efficiency, having been tested to remove barium, chromium, copper, fluoride, iron, lead, radium, selenium and much more. The role of the membrane is to remove up to 99% of total dissolved solids from water.
Activated carbon filter
To remove any tastes or odours the RO water may have picked up from the storage tank, water runs through one final activated carbon filter before reaching your cup for drinking. This carbon filter can also remove smaller particles that may have passed through the RO membrane like herbicides, pesticides, fracking fuels and disinfectant by-products.
Water waste tank
This RO system diverts contaminated water into a water waste tank, which is removable for easy emptying. The system works in that for every ¾ of a gallon of pure reverse osmosis water is produced, ¼ of a gallon is wasted.
Water storage tank
The water storage tank is essential in this system for holding filtered drinking water once it has passed through the RO and filter stages. It takes just over 10 minutes to filter enough water to fill the entire storage tank. The tank can hold a gallon of water at a time.
For the simplest operation, this RO system has an on/off switch to turn the unit on and off according to a user’s water filtration needs. The switch can be found at the back of the unit, and is red in color.
In terms of water waste, the AquaTru is one of the more efficient reverse osmosis systems, especially when compared to a standard under sink design. While these systems typically waste around 3 gallons of water for every 1 gallon that is produced, the AquaTru wastes only around 25% of water from the reverse osmosis process.
🔧 Installation & Maintenance
There is virtually no installation required for the AquaTru, which makes set-up a significantly faster task then installation of most under sink RO systems. The AquaTru contains all of its filters inside one body, and the user is not required to put these together after purchasing the product. The machine is switched on and ready to use with a simple touch of a button, with no plumber required to carry out the job.
Looking after the AAquaTru is simple. The product recommends flushing with pure water once a week to clean, and the machine itself will let the user know when filters need replacing. Filters can be purchased at a relatively low cost online, and are easy to replace.
📝 Filter Info
The AquaTru consists of 3 twist and change quick-seal filters- the mechanical pre-filter, the RO pre-filter and the activated carbon filter – and one RO membrane. Each filter works to remove particles of different sizes from the water, which could affect its quality, appearance, taste or smell. The RO membrane removes up to 99% of total dissolved solids from the water, making it safer and purer for drinking.
🔔 Pros & Cons
- With set-up taking only 3 minutes to complete, this filtration system does not require extensive installation or the help of a plumber to get started. Switching the machine on and dispensing water requires only the press of a button.
- Sleek in design, the AquaTru makes a visually appealing addition to a kitchen or workplace countertop. The unit is compact and contains all of its components within one body. It does not take up under sink space.
- This RO system is significantly cheaper than standard under sink systems, but still filters water through the same semi-permeable membrane for removal of contaminants, and provides a very similar quality of filtered pure water.
- The AquaTru wastes far less water than a standard RO system, wasting only 1 gallon of water for every 3 gallons produced.
- The AquaTru reverse osmosis system has a smaller holding tank than a standard under sink RO unit. The tank can hold up to 1 gallon of water, which may be inconvenient if a large quantity of water is needed at a time. The tank takes around 10 minutes to refill with filtered water.
- Although highly effective in removing impurities from water, the AquaTru RO system does not consist of quite as many water filtration stages as many under sink filtration units. Depending on water type, a user may require a unit with more carbon filters for a more thorough removal of chlorine and pesticides.
- The AquaTru removes up to 99% of total dissolved solids from water, including healthier minerals like calcium. Users requiring a more alkaline water would need to remineralize their water before drinking.
Found this review helpful?
Comment below or share this article!