Table of Contents
The SpringWell Futuresoft Salt-free Water Softener is a whole house water conditioner and descaler. It removes existing scale from pipes and appliances while preventing new scale from forming. Ultimately, the SpringWell Futuresoft promises to lengthen the lifespan of your appliances by preventing hard water corrosion.
As an environmentally-friendly alternative to many salt-based softeners, the Futuresoft is self-adjusting to water hardness, enabling all households to get the most out of the system’s conditioning abilities. It requires no electricity to run and doesn’t waste water in the softening process.
The SpringWell Futuresoft is virtually maintenance-free, as you won’t need to worry about salt top-ups or regular cleaning.
- Conditioning tank, which uses the process of Template Assisted Crystallization to condition water by altering the make-up of hard water causing minerals.
- Installation instructions, including an online video, for at home DIY setup.
As a salt-free water softener, the SpringWell Futuresoft is designed to work a lot more efficiently in conditioning water. It uses Template Assisted Crystallization, a newer technique of water softening that changes hardness causing minerals from their ionic form to a crystalline form, which doesn’t leave limescale deposits.
You can expect an efficient performance from this system, as you don’t need salt or electricity to keep it running.
Providing you use the Futuresoft for homes or businesses with the recommended number of bathrooms (1 to 3), your water pressure won’t drop during use.
As well as being efficient in itself, the Futuresoft can improve the efficiency of your home’s appliances by removing scale and eliminating the hard water cause. Many customers have reported seeing immediate improvements in deposits on showerheads and glass shower screens.
🔧 Installation & Maintenance
If you’re into DIY, you’ll be able to install the SpringWell Futuresoft yourself by following the written instruction manual and online video. Because it doesn’t need to be connected to a drain or a source of electricity, the system is fairly easy to set up.
The Futuresoft comes with an instruction manual and an online video for guidance. SpringWell offers 24/7 customer service for product enquiries, which can be useful if you find a certain aspect of installation confusing.
Some people prefer to hire a plumber or a handyman to install their water conditioners. Most plumbers are familiar with a range of water softening systems and will be able to carry out the job in a matter of minutes.
📝 Filter Info
The SpringWell water conditioner uses a salt free media tank that, when water travels through it, performs something called fluidization.
This is needed for the hard water minerals to convert to crystals that won’t stick to surfaces as limescale deposits. As the SpringWell Futuresoft is simply neutralizing water, it doesn’t actually remove the calcium and magnesium hard water minerals, helping you to benefit from these in your water.
🔔 Pros & Cons
- Much cheaper to run than salt-based water softeners, with no water wastage and no electricity usage.
- Uses a salt-free conditioning process that works well for people on low-sodium diets.
- Doesn’t remove calcium and magnesium minerals, so you can still benefit from these nutrients in your drinking water.
- Far simpler to install than salt-based alternatives.
- Very little maintenance is required in the long run.
- Doesn’t alter a household’s water pressure when used in homes with 1 to 3 bathrooms.
- Doesn’t actually remove hard water causing minerals, which some people may prefer to eliminate from water entirely for ultimate effectiveness.
- Doesn’t soften water; just reduces scale. You’ll still see hardness in the water, but won’t experience limescale build-up on your appliances.
- You’ll eventually need to change the tank’s resin, which will require some maintenance.
Found this review helpful?
Comment below or share this article!