If your GE refrigerator is compatible with the RPWFE water filter, first check whether you have a grey or a blue filter holder.
1. Locate the filter cartridge holder. This should be inside the left refrigerator door. 2. Open the filter door and pull the bottom of the old cartridge so it swings outward.
3. Once it’s swung as far as it’ll go, pull the filter out of the cartridge holder. Have a cloth prepared to catch any water that leaks out of the housing. 4. Remove the new filter from the packaging.
5. Place the filter central with the cartridge holder, making sure that the word “FRONT” is pointing outward.
6. Push the cartridge into the housing until it’s seated and properly aligned, then swing the filter inward until it reaches the correct position.
7. Dispense up to 2 gallons of water from the dispenser to remove trapped air and dislodged filter debris.