Table of Contents
- 1 Whole House Water Filter System
- 2 Whole House Lead & Cyst Removal System
- 3 Whole House Well Water Filter System
- 4 Water Filter and Salt-Free Water Softener
- 5 Water Filter and Salt Based Water Softener System
Springwell Water has been designing water treatment solutions for over two decades, and has become one of the leading water filter companies in that time. Springwell is particularly known for its whole house water filters, which offer quality filtration at a fair price. In this Springwell Water review, I’ll be sharing everything you need to know about a few of the current Springwell favorites amongst customers.
Whole House Water Filter System
The Springwell Whole House Water Filter System is a water treatment system that removes common contaminants found in city water. This easy-install system treats water entering into a house, giving access to clean water for drinking, cooking, washing and showering.
- Filtration tank – The filtration media comes pre-installed inside the main filtration tank, which you can buy in one of two sizes depending on your water usage.
- Bypass valve – With this system being a whole house filter, it comes with a bypass valve – a means of sending water in your main water line around the system while you’re performing maintenance, allowing you to always have access to water no matter what.
- Electronic control head – This whole-home filter has a digital metered control head that you can connect up to your smart device via Bluetooth, giving you an easy way to adjust settings or check the status of the system from anywhere.
- Parts for installation – There are several parts included with this Springwell water filter to make it easy to install, but you may find you need additional tools and components to make it possible to install this system in your home.
There are four stages of filtration inside the Springwell Whole House Water Filter System. In stage 1, water travels through a KDF filtration media, which removes harmful contaminants like chlorine. In stage 2, a catalytic coconut shell carbon media, organic contaminants are removed, such as chlorine, chloramines, pesticides, and VOCs. Stage 3 eliminates filter channeling and improves contact time, while stage 4 features a 5-micron sediment filter that removes sediment and larger particles of sand, dust and rust.
A big benefit of the Springwell Whole House Water Filter System is that its design gives water more contact time with the filtration media. The slower the water passes through the filter, the more thorough the filtration, enabling the Springwell to remove the highest number of contaminants.
Springwell uses only certified components in its whole house water filtration system, giving you, the consumer, peace of mind that the system is reliable, durable, and well-performing. The system comes with a 6-month money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty.
👍 What I Like
- One of the less expensive whole home filters available
- Filter design ensures longer water contact time
- Multi-stage filtration
👎 What I Don’t Like
- Installation can be a challenge
- Quite heavy to lift
- Not the best option for well water
Bottom line: The Springwell Whole House Water Filtration System is ideal for homes with high levels of lead and chlorine in their water. It offers four thorough stages of filtration inside a single compact tank.
Whole House Lead & Cyst Removal System
Millions of homes in the US use drinking water with a high lead content. Lead from pipes and plumbing gets into water as these pipes gradually wear down over the years. While new pipes don’t contain lead, some old pipes and private wells still do, and that’s where the Springwell Whole Home Lead and Cyst filter can help. This system is designed to remove 99.9% of lead, as well as parasitic cysts and other harmful contaminants found commonly in well and city water.
- Filtration tank – Filtration takes place inside the Springwell’s high-capacity stainless steel tank. Like the majority of Springwell’s water systems, this system combines all filtration elements inside its tank, which contains 5-micron pores for producing high-quality filtered water.
- Digital metered control head – This product uses a digital notification head that monitors water flow rate and gives users color-coded notifications, letting them know when they need to replace their filter.
- Filter cartridge – The filter cartridge needs to be fitted inside the tank on your initial installation. The Springwell comes with a user manual that clearly explains how you do this.
- Installation kit – The Springwell’s installation kit is designed for easy installation of the system, even including a spanner wrench and mounting bracket for the job – but you may need additional parts in some cases.
The Springwell’ s whole home lead removal filter uses 5-micron media to remove lead in both particulate and soluble form. Not all filters are capable of removing soluble lead from water, but with this system’s design, it’s well up to the challenge. It features binders that, when in contact with lead, form a chemical reaction that creates an ionic bond. This kinetically removes lead from the water.
Being an automatic system, you can set the Springwell and leave it to do its job. There’s no need to remember to replace the filter, as the digital metered control head will tell you in advance when it needs changing.
While many whole house water filters can remove lead, not all of them offer such thorough contaminant removal as the Springwell. And this filter doesn’t only target lead, either. It also filters out parasitic cysts and other microorganisms that can cause sickness and disease, as well as dangerous chemicals like chlorine, chloramine, PFOS and PFOA.
Springwell’s lead-removal water filter systems are certified to NSF-ANSI Standards 53 and P473 for your reassurance. They can treat up to 10,000 gallons of water, which is a huge bonus if you’re looking for a low-maintenance system with a long lifespan that you can benefit from for years. Again, this system comes with a 6-month money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty.
👍 What I Like
- Filters 10,000 gallons of water
- Beats other whole house water filters in lead removal
- Won’t affect water flow
👎 What I Don’t Like
- You may need a plumber for installation
- Doesn’t remove fluoride
- Only comes in one size option
Bottom line: The Springwell lead and cyst filter is designed to remove high quantities of lead, along with chlorine, chloramine, and other harmful chemicals, heavy metals and cysts. It’s highly efficient and doesn’t affect your water pressure, making it an ideal water treatment solution for homes of all sizes.
Whole House Well Water Filter System
The Springwell Whole House Well Water Filter System features a single stainless steel tank and contains an oxidizing filter that can remove common well water contaminants, including sulfur, iron and manganese. You can buy it in two sizes depending on how many bathrooms are in your home.
- Filtration tank – The main filtration tank comes in two sizes – 9GPM (|or gallons per minute) or 12GPM – depending on how many bathrooms your home has: 1-4 bathrooms or 4+ bathrooms.
- Electronic control head – The electronic control valve gives you complete control over the system, ensuring minimal waste and good water flow. The system is automatic, so once you’ve set your preferences you can leave it to operate on its own.
- Bypass valve – The system comes with a bypass valve for diverting water away from the filter during maintenance or when changing the media.
- Parts for installation – You get a drain line, spanner wrench, mounting bracket, hose clamp and more with this filter, which are needed for installation, but you may need to purchase your own pipes and fittings in some cases.
The Springwell Well Water Filter can effectively remove up to 7ppm of iron, 8ppm of hydrogen sulfide, and 1ppm of manganese. You’ll be pleased to know that you don’t have to perform maintenance on this system – you can simply set it up to backwash daily, which will remove any accumulated impurities, replenish the filter media, and add a fresh pocket of air.
The whole system is contained within a single stainless steel tank, which maintains a pocket of air at the top when in use. When water travels through this air pocket, any iron, manganese and sulfur is oxidized, and dissolved oxygen enters into the water. These contaminants then remain in the KDF media bed until they are flushed away during regeneration.
With the Springwell Well Water Filtration System, you don’t have to check up on the system all the time. The system’s automatic functioning means that once you’ve set it up, you can forget about it – and when you do want to manage your settings, you can do so on the Springwell smartphone app, which connects to the digital metered head.
The Springwell lets you optimize your backwashing, too, which is especially useful for well owners who live in areas prone to drought. It has a capacity of one million gallons, though, so maintenance isn’t something you’ll have to think about all for a number of years.
Like all Springwell water filtration systems, this well water filter is backed by a limited lifetime warranty. The system also comes with a risk-free satisfaction guarantee, which means that if you won’t like it in the first 6 months, you can get your money back.
👍 What I Like
- Capacity of one million gallons
- Helps save water and money
- Doesn’t affect water pressure
👎 What I Don’t Like
- DIY installation may prove difficult
- Costlier than similar systems
- Can’t be installed in outdoor settings that dip below freezing temperatures
Bottom line: The Springwell well water filter offers a simple solution to clean, drinkable water from private well sources. It offers high-end performance with the option to connect the smart metered control head to a mobile app.
Water Filter and Salt-Free Water Softener
If you’re looking for a great deal on the highest-quality softener and whole house filtration system, it’s worth checking out the Springwell filter and salt-free softening solution. This system combines Springwell’s whole house water filter with a salt-free softener, providing clean, scale-free water for your whole family.
- Filtration tank – The filtration tank holds the filters for the whole home filtering system.
- Salt-free softening tanks – There’s only a single tank required for the salt-free softening system, which is installed just after the filtration system.
- Digital metered control heads – There’s a digital metered control head linked to both systems, which allows you to monitor your water flow, learn when you need to replace filters, and much more.
- Installation kit – You get an extensive installation kit with the water softener and filter, which includes parts and fittings for DIY installation.
There are two separate stages to this Springwell water filtration solution. First, water flows through the whole house water filter. Next, it passes through the Springwell water softening system.
The whole house water filter consists of four independent stages that focus on the removal of specific contaminants. In the first pre-filter stage, sediment is removed in a 5-micron filter. Next, water passes through a KDF bed, before passing through a coconut shell carbon filter, removing chlorine, chloramine, VOCs, pesticides and herbicides, and so on. Finally, water passes through a filtration stage that prevents channeling and promotes longer contact time with the filters.
The water softening element of this filter doesn’t use the typical salt-based ion-exchange process to soften water. Instead, it changes the composition of hard water minerals in water, preventing them from being able to stick to surfaces in the form of scale. There’s no need to replace salt inside this home water softening system, as it doesn’t need any to function.
A major benefit of this system is that it utilizes a salt-free water softener. This means you can enjoy all the benefits of a water softening system, such as improved appliance efficiency and healthier skin and hair, all without the addition of salt into your water, which is a big bonus if you’re on a low-sodium diet or just conscious of your salt intake.
This whole house water filter and softener comes in two different sizes, so you can choose an option that’s best suited for your needs based on water consumption, and won’t affect water pressure in your house. You can also benefit from this system’s lifetime warranty and 6-month money-back guarantee, as with all Springwell water filters mentioned in this review.
👍 What I Like
- More environmentally-friendly softening option
- Cheaper than buying a softener and filter separately
- Won’t affect flow rate
👎 What I Don’t Like
- Softener doesn’t actually remove hard water minerals, just alters their format
- May be challenging to install in tight spaces
- Bigger investment than a filter or softener alone
Bottom line: The Springwell Water saltless softener and whole house filter features everything needed to provide a means of water softening and filter. It combines two of Springwell’s most popular products at a relatively affordable overall price, boasting a high capacity, long lifespan, and the highest quality of water treatment on the market.
Water Filter and Salt Based Water Softener System
An alternative to the Springwell salt-free softener is the salt-based softener, which you can also buy in a package deal along with the whole house filter system. It offers the same quality of water treatment at a slightly lower price.
- Filtration tank – The whole home filtration system fits into a single tank, which is installed before the softening system.
- Salt-based softening tanks – There are two tanks required for the salt-based softening system: a resin tank and a brine tank. This makes the system a little bulkier than the saltless alternative.
- Digital metered control heads – Both systems come with a digital metered control head that lets you monitor water flow rate and know when to replace your filters and salt.
- Installation kit – Both systems come with an installation kit that includes all the basics you’ll need for a DIY install.
Just like the Springwell water filter with the saltless softener, this filter and salt-based softening system treat water in the same order; first filtering it, then softening it.
In the filter stage, water travels through a pre-filter stage, then a Kinetic Degradation Fluxion bed, followed by a coconut shell carbon filter. Coconut carbon is known for its ability to trap chlorine, chloramine, VOCs, pesticides, herbicides, and more. It finishes in a filter stage that prevents channeling and improves filter contact time.
Next, water travels through the softening system, which softens water using the ion exchange process. In this process, hard water ions are swapped out for sodium ions, completely eliminating the problem at hand. The hardness ions remain inside the resin bed, and is flushed away during regeneration.
With a capacity of 1 million gallons, this system is designed for years of no-fuss, high-quality, long-term use, as with many of the Springwell products. All you’ll need to do is change the softener salt and the sediment pre-filter every 9 months or so.
The salt-based softener features a smart electronic metered valve, which measures the resin bed and automatically regenerates when the resin has reached its saturation point. Because regeneration only happens when it’s truly necessary, this system won’t waste water during the softening process.
👍 What I Like
- Capacity of 1 million gallons
- High-quality filtration and softening solution
- Removes scale-causing minerals completely
👎 What I Don’t Like
- Softener salt needs replacing frequently
- Not one of the lowest price Springwell products
Bottom line: The Springwell salt-based softener and whole house filter is an effective option for people looking to filter and soften their water for a slightly lower cost than the salt-free option mentioned in this Springwell Water review. This filtering and softening solution requires slightly more maintenance, but is still a simple long-term option for families of any size.